10 August 2010

Pretty Good But Not So Good

In 12 days I embark a new journey to an unfamiliar place. DR Congo. I did spend 4 years of my early childhood in the Congo, but 17 years have elapsed and my memories from then are faded. Unfortunately I did not write a blog back then to try and capture my experiences and emotions I took on as an American child living in Africa. I'm sure it would have been very deep and full of insight. For example, I actually have an excerpt of a letter I wrote my cousins as a child in Africa:

"I am having lots of fun since grandma and grandpa have come here. Well it's getting a little colder. Grandma is teaching us how to knit. I am pretty good but not so good."

Powerful writing to say the least. But now, focusing on current times, I have decided to start this blog to keep all you family, friends, supporters, and curious internet drifters entertained and updated on my new life in the Congo. I'm not sure what all I will include in this blog, but hopefully I can give maybe a glimpse of my experience here for the next year and hopefully I will be faithful enough to update it every so often. I'm really excited for this next year of my life. I'm guessing it is going to be "pretty good but not so good".

No comments:

Post a Comment