12 October 2010

Jungle Fever

Well I survived my first bout with illness in Africa. It was a 'Rumble in the Jungle' but the main rumbling going on was that in my stomach as the illness struck swiftly and forcefully in the night. After 4 hours straight of hugging the toilet and having everything inside my body rapidly fleeing out any orifice it could find, I saw the light of day. Unfortunately that was just the sun rising and I still had to battle this sickness. The symptoms continued to attack with lethargy, back and stomach pain, leg cramps, fever and chills. As a result I got to visit a local clinic and have a malaria test done. Results came back positive a couple hours later. However, it wasn't until about 22 hours after my first attack on my body that I was able to keep any solids or liquids down. But finally I was able to start the medication and the illness relented. Knocked me off my feet for a few days but I am back at full force. We decided afterwards that I probably had a stomach flu, that has been going around here, along with the Malaria. I am just so blessed with many things I guess.

Josh: 1
African sickness: 0

No comments:

Post a Comment